Cost and Payments
- Quotes are based on heart'n'design's current costs of production and unless otherwise agreed, are subject to amendment on or at any time after acceptance to meet any rise or fall in such cost.
- A deposit of 75% (or £30, whichever is greater) of the contract price is payable with each order, and the balance on completion.
- Orders totalling less than £30 must be paid in full at time of ordering.
- All payments by bank transfer or in cash - cheques may be used if paying in full only (cheques may incur a delay as work may not begin until cheques have cleared).
- A charge will be made on all cancelled orders for all work carried out up to the date of the written cancellation. This will be at least £20 or 50% of the original order, whichever is greater.
- Please allow at least a week for design and another week for printing (after approval) if we are contracted to do so.
All work carried out, whether experimentally or otherwise, at the client's request shall be paid for.
- Proofs will be submitted for the clients approval via email and heart'n'design will accept no liability for any errors not corrected by the client in the proofs submitted.
- Corrections are only accepted with the proofs being returned and duly signed. These should be sent by email. Delays will occur if approvals of the proofs (or corrections) are not dealt with immediately. Only one (1) additional proof will be provided after correction and any further proofs will be charged as extra.
Material Supplied by Customer
- If supplying artwork, (logos or drawings) please provide images preferably in digital format.
- We accept the following formats: Adobe Photoshop (flattened), EPS (with embedded or outlined fonts), TIF/TIFF, JPEG, PNG, or Adobe Acrobat PDF files. These should be preferably 300 dpi minimum, and where possible in CMYK.
- Where a digital copy is not available then artwork should be on a flat white background, free of creases, smudges or spots.
Photocopies, faxes and very fine lines do not give good quality reproduction.
- heart'n'design reserves the right to reject any material supplied or specified by the customer which appears to us to be unsuitable.
- If your artwork requires extra work, a “touch up” charge may be necessary.
- Where materials are so supplied or specified, heart'n'design will take every care to secure the best results, but responsibility will not be accepted for imperfect work caused by the unsuitability or defects in the material so supplied or specified.
Full Colour Designs
- Whilst heart'n'design will make every effort to obtain the best possible colour reproduction on the customer's work, because of the nature of the processes involved in the printing stage, heart'n'design shall not guarantee an exact match in colour or texture between the customer's original photographs and the printed article.
Illegal Matters & Liability
- heart'n'design will not produce any matter which in their opinion is or may be of illegal or libellous nature or an infringement of the propriety of any third party.
- heart'n'design will be compensated by the customer in respect of any claims, cost and expenses arising out of any libellous matter or infringement of copyright, patents or any other proprietary or personal rights contained in any material produced for the customer.
- The compensation shall extend to any amount paid for and on a lawyer's advice in settlement of any claim.
- heart'n'design shall not be under any liability if they shall be unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond their control including (without limiting the foregoing) legislation, war, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, unforeseen problems at the printing company or any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract.
- During the continuance of such a contingency the customer may by written notice to heart'n'design elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used, but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
It should be noted that heart'n'design is design service only but with good connections with various printing firms.
- Hence we consider our job as completed at the design stage.
- We will only go ahead and submit to the printers at the customer's request and are not liable for any failures in production at the printers.
- heart'n'design cannot give any discounts on the amounts charged for printing as this goes straight to the printer.